May 1, 2012
Through this web site, docomomo in canada strives to provide current and accurate information on the organization’s activities as well as general news, issues and events related to Modern movement architecture, landscape and urban design in Canada.
© Unless otherwise noted, all webpages, documents, graphics and images are the property of the various docomomo working parties in Canada. Permission is required to use any text, graphics or images for any other purposes, with the exception of short, attributed quotes from the text.
This web site with its home page in the domain “docomomo.ca” (the “web site”) is an information service offered by docomomo in canada at no charge to users with the express condition that these users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. docomomo in canada reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the user to keep current with this user agreement.
Although docomomo in canada makes every effort to see that no inaccurate or misleading information, opinions or statements appear on this web site, it is impossible to ensure total accuracy. In addition, the web site is not intended to dispense legal or other technical advice. Therefore, the information on the docomomo in canada web site is provided “as is” for general informational and educational purposes only.
By accessing the information contained on this web site, you represent that you have read and agree to the following terms:
• You acknowledge that the information on the web site is provided “as is” for general informational and educational purposes only.
• While the web site’s hosting service’s servers utilize current virus protection utilities, docomomo in canada makes no warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
• docomomo in canada accepts no liability whatsoever for consequences of any inaccurate data, opinion or statement and expressly disclaims all warranties regarding the content of this web site, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You agree that you will hold harmless docomomo in canada and its officers, directors, volunteer staff, consultants, interns and published authors from all claims arising out of or related to your access to or use of, or your inability to access or use, this web site or the information contained in this web site or other web sites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have viewed or downloaded from this web site or another web site to which it is linked to be offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will docomomo in canada or the contributors of information to this web site be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
• You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this web site may not necessarily be those of docomomo in canada, its board of directors or individual members of the organization.
• docomomo in canada may provide links on the web site to other web sites that are not under the control of docomomo in canada. In general, any web site that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “docomomo.ca” is such a web site. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by docomomo in canada of the organization or individual(s) operating the web site or a warranty of any type regarding linked Web sites or the information on these sites.
Linking to the Homepage
• You may provide a hypertext link to this web site on another Web site, provided that
a. the link is a text-only link clearly marked “docomomo in canada,”
b. the link “points” to the URL “http://docomomo.ca” and not to other pages within the web site,
c. the appearance, position and other aspects of the link are not such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with docomomo in canada’s name and logo,
d. the appearance, position and other aspects of the link do not create the false appearance that an entity other than docomomo in canada is associated with or sponsored by docomomo in canada, and? the link, when activated by a user, displays this web site in a new browser window and not within a “frame” on the linking web site.
Linking to Page(s) other that Homepage
• You agree that all hypertext links to this web site other than those meeting the criteria above must be approved by docomomo in canada. docomomo in canada reserves the right to revoke its consent to any link at any time.
• The works of authorship contained in this web site, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned, licensed or used with permission by docomomo in canada, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without docomomo in canada’s prior consent, except that
a. the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the web site; and
b. the user may make permanent printouts of pages of the web site to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses that do not harm the reputation of docomomo in canada.
c. the user may download documents presented on the web site for these purposes.
d. the user may reproduce short quotes from the text provided they are clearly attributed to the docomomo in canada web site.
• This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by docomomo in canada, which is headquartered in the Country of Canada. This web site can be accessed from all 10 provinces and 3 territories, as well as from other countries around the world. When you access this web site, both you and docomomo in canada agree that the statutes and laws of the Country of Canada, without regard to conflicts of laws or principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this web site.